Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hello? Anyone home?

So in case you didn't notice, I've been a bit absent from the blogosphere.  My apologies.  I hope you didn't miss me too much.  Actually scratch that - I hope you really missed me...that would mean that my online writing services are actually worthwhile and that there's a reason for me to come on here and write every now and then. I just hope you're not too angry with me for abandoning all of you faithful readers for so long.

I've been putting this off for way too long, but it feels good to be writing again.  Maybe you're asking "what's your excuse for disappearing for so long?".  I really don't have a good answer to that.  Laziness? There was a period of time where I was super busy setting up my new life in Kitchener, but things definitely calmed down enough for months now where that excuse does not pass any muster (am I using that phrase right?). So I'm going with laziness.

It's definitely one of those situations where once you start to put something off, it begins to gnaw at your subconscious and you keep putting it off due to embarrassment, guilt - you know, that bad feeling in the pit of your stomach each time you realize that there's something you should be doing but you're not quite ready to do it yet.

So here I am.  I really don't have anything important to say - but that's been one of my excuses for not writing for quite some time now.  Oftentimes we put off doing something because it isn't quite right yet.  I've found that in my life it's often important to just go ahead and do something rather than wait for the ideal moment, idea, situation...even if that means producing something you're not quite proud of.  The simple act of doing often is worthwhile in its own right.

Anyway, this is a rambling post without any point.  But it does feel good to be writing again.  I'm really going to make a concerted effort to make this more regular.  Hopefully the people who follow along here will hold my feet to the fire :)

No comments:

Post a Comment