Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Film Quote of the Day Moves to "What Derek Says"...Blogger Edition

I've been running a feature over at my Tumblr blog (also called What Derek Says) that I refer to as "Film Quote of the Day" - pretty much exactly what you think it would be. For the most part I keep it up to date, actually posting a film quote (and a fancy pic with it, no less) each and every day. So far it has remained on my Tumblr blog as I actually prefer the look and feel of that blog.  However, as you can imagine, it's kind of tiresome to be maintaining multiple blogs for essentially aesthetic reasons.  And for the most part, the "millions" of avid followers of this blog have no clue that other Tumblr blog even exists.  Seems like too much work to be constantly linking back and forth between the two.  Call me lazy - I prefer to think of it as streamlining my online presense...yes, that's it.

So, I've made a decision to move that feature over to this here "Blogger" blog.  I would have gone the other way, but Tumblr isn't nearly as ubiquitous as Blogger is, allowing me to connect it with other websites (like LinkedIn for instance) seamlessly.  As a result, "Film Quote of the Day" will become a regular feature here.  In celebration, I will be posting Quotes three posts today (also because I was out of town the last few days and forgot to pre-plan some posting).  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment